Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mmm...mochaccino....

Yum yum yum, coffee is gooooooood. I'm sitting in Clements in the student's union at the moment. Right at the window with the sun on my back, drinking my most favourite of coffees... It's a pity the bloody screen's got massive glare. But anyway.

Just had to purchase an internet voucher because I forgot about all of this stuff I had to send to my dad to print off for Scouts. I don't have enough time to go home and do it because I have doctors and crap to go to this afternoon.

I've also become a Baha'i. http://www.bahai.org will explain it better than I can, but basically it's about how we've moved beyond the reach of the current world churches, and Baha'u'llah was sent as another manifestation of God to unite the people of earth. It's hard to explain, especially as I'm only really new to it, but it really makes sense to me.

But enough about that.

I got a letter from the literary agents Capel & Land and they said that they were really interested in my stuff, but weren't taking new authors on. That encouraged me to no end. Maybe I'm not absolutely rubbish after all! I'm still chugging away with Child of Light. It's taken over from all of my other projects, but then, it is the one I'm trying to get published. Unfortunately my Baha'i information meetings are at the same time as my creative writing group, so I'll have to give the group a miss for a few weeks and see how the Baha'i thing goes.

The new job is going well, but will most likely only be for a month or more. Getting up some money, but I don't want to mess up my university work. On a positive note in that arena, I got two good 2.1 marks for my modules last semester. Now I really need to get working on my dissertation. Waaah!

2 comments:

David said...

Hey, nice to see that you became a Baha'i :) I run a Baha'i encyclopedia called Bahaikipedia that should help you out if you've got any questions.

Welcome! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.