Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So I joined a writers' group...

Yup. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. The person closest in age to me is in their thirties, and they're all very...I don't know...critical. I know that's a good thing. I mean, you'll never improve if you don't get criticism, but I can't help thinking that if I submit anything, they're going to maul it to death. I feel paranoid about being there. I feel as though I don't belong, kind of like I'm not good enough. The stuff they had brought along was good. Not exactly my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it. It's more literary fiction than commercial fiction. I'm much more of a commercial fiction gal.

In other news, I had my first university class of the new semester today. It was good. Chauver's London Poetics. I'm looking forward to it, as I am rather a fan of medieval literature, especially Chaucer. I've never read Troilus and Criseyde before, though, and that's what the bulk of the first half of the semester is on. So that'll be interesting.

The Guinea Pigs are grand. Fed them kale for the first time since before Christmas and they were popcorning all over the place. They do love it, though I think it's disgusting.

I'm also going blonde. We'll see how that turns out. Likely bad, especially when my brown roots start growing. But I figure that I'll be able to dye over the blonde with a colour closer to my own when that happens.

Did a little more work on my fantasy novel today. I'm getting to the first major plot point when the characters' town gets pillaged, and they're taken prisoner. Hopefully I've done a good job of working up to it, and it's enjoyable. I'll upload the chapters soon.

Off to make fifteens!

No comments: